Bosom Buddies volunteers thank all those who understand that our community work relies on local Community support as we do not receive any funding from governments or national cancer or breast cancer organisations.
In recent years, some local Canberra and regionally-based organisations have provided support to Bosom Buddies ACT Inc. for three reasons:
- we are local
- we help many people in this region go through Cancer treatment, and
- because their donation or support can make a big difference to our small organisation.
Local businesses and individuals have assisted Bosom Buddies over the last few years in several ways:
- Supporting organisations help with fundraising by organising an event – often this is a one-off fundraising event.
- Local businesses provide funding support or sponsorship through repeat grants or donations.
- Local businesses provide support in kind by offering goods or services for reduced prices or pro bono.
- Donations from generousindividual donors.
If you want to fundraise, support, sponsor or donate – please contact the Bosom Buddies Office.
Join our fundraising champions
Many Canberra businesses and local organisations decide to sponsor events or donate their charity funds to assist Bosom Buddies to continue helping local breast cancer patients. These events or fundraising drives sometimes raise $100s but on other occasions they can contribute $1,000 and very rarely up to $10,000.
In 2016-2017 the following helped Bosom Buddies raise funds:
- Blue Illusion Manuka held a fashion and styling evening a percentage of sales that evening donated to Bosom Buddies.
- Kazazz Card making group has dedicated the funds raised during their retreats to Bosom Buddies over the last few years and the handmade cards for us to sell at local events.
- Gallagher’s Wines donated some of their exquisite wines for raffle prizes
- Holy Family Primary School held their annual Mother’s Day Breakfast and raffle to support Bosom Buddies.
- Royal Canberra Ladies Golf Club have raised funds for Bosom Buddies ACT for several years at their charity days.
- Tuggeranong Netball Association organised a very successful TNA Turns Pink 3 and dedicated the funds raised to Bosom Buddies and Red Nose.
- IPG – Strata Group held a Friday lunchtime sausage sizzle to raise funds for Bosom Buddies. The Strata Group also raised funds and formed a team for the TNA Turns Pink netball Day.
- Tuggeranong Hawks Ladies Day was dedicated to Bosom Buddies. The day was a great way for us to raise awareness in the Community.
- ACT Netball added an option to donate to Bosom Buddies when tickets were purchased to the Canberra Darters games.
- Colleen’s customers regularly make donations at the store to Bosom Buddies.
Our financial supporters
We also wish to thank those businesses and other organisations for providing funds to allow Bosom Buddies to produce materials such as our brochure and shower tags, purchase office equipment and pay for other expenses. So we thank the following:
- Canberra Southern Cross Club for allowing Bosom Buddies to be a part of this year’s Community Rewards Program, the money received help support our operations, and donating the venue for our annual ABC Day Dinner.
- Capital Chemist for paying for the print cost of our Newsletters.
- Kwik Kopy for providing printing at cost price for our brochures, flyers and Newsletters
Our in-kind supporters
Many businesses have provided in-kind support to Bosom Buddies over the last few years. This support has been much appreciated as it has made a huge difference to our running costs. We thank:
- Bead Street Phillip for donating raffle items such as the totally unique Beaded Chandelier used as a silent auction item.
- Canberra Southern Cross Club for providing a venue and assisting with the audio visual requirements for our ABC Day dinner.
- Gallagher’s Winery for donating wines for raffles and events
- Datacom for providing much needed IT support and assistance.
- Netball ACT for selecting Bosom Buddies as their local charity. This provided an opportunity for Bosom Buddies volunteers to distribute shower tags at Home Games.
- Peter Funnell Entertainment for providing speakers and entertainers for our ABC Day Dinners in October each year.
- Red Instead for handling our social media marketing, redesigning our website at a discounted fee, providing free website hosting and providing free website maintenance and support from 2009 onwards.
Donations from individuals
In 2016-2017 there have been many individuals who chose to donate to Bosom Buddies ACT Inc. The level of donation varies from a small monthly gift to a one-off donation of a few hundred dollars to $10,000.00.
Additionally, individuals have donated handmade items from beanies to brooches and jewellery to quilts, to be used for sale at a Bosom Buddies Stall or a raffle item.
These donations have been critical to ensuring that Bosom Buddies continues to be a viable organisation.