We have been having discussions everyday about our members and volunteers in regards to Covid. As you all know things are changing very quickly and every day!
We have made the decision to:
• Cancel all face to face catch ups including Information Sessions until further notice. However we are going to look into doing a virtual coffee catch up – stay tuned for that one!
• The Breast Cancer Nurses Drop-in Clinic at Calvary is still operating on a Wednesday afternoon however Bosom Buddies Support Team will not be in attendance.
What’s not changing:
• Our Support Team are still on hand and more than happy to chat over the phone, via text or email – and maybe via a virtual coffee group!!
• Our office is still open!
• Blue Buddy Bags & Oncology Packs – we will continue to pack and provide them to breast cancer patients across the ACT and surrounding regions.
• 25th Birthday Celebrations – plans will continue for our events set for later in the year. By then I think we will all be keen for a wonderful excuse to catch up.
Most importantly stay safe and stay in touch.
If there any anything that you need we are always here to help and support you xx
All Get Together’s are cancelled until further notice.
Coffee Get Together – Mondays
The Mawson Club, Heard Street Mawson
9.30am – 11am
14 April 2020 (Tuesday)
11 May 2020
Coffee Get Together Northside – Thursdays
Cafe Injoy, Gold Creek Nicholls
1.30pm – 3.30pm
27 February 2020
26 March 2020
30 April 2020
Tilley’s Evening Get Together – Wednesdays
Tilley’s Devine – 1/94 Wattle St, Lyneham
5.30pm – 7pm
15 April 2020
17 June 2020
19 August 2020
New Venue Tuesday Group
Suppeto Collective, Jerrabomberra
9.30am – 11am
31 March 2020
28 April 2020
26 May 2020
Yass Coffee Group
10am – 12noon
2 April – Galutzi 93 Meehan St
11 June – Tootsie 289 Comur St
13 August – Trader & Co 92 Meehan St
1 October – Cafe Dolcetto 129 Comur St
Goulburn Coffee Group
Greengrocer Cafe, 37 Clifford Street
5 March 2020
Young Women’s Group
Wednesday 25 March
Deco Hotel 214 Northbourne Avenue
For more information about our get togethers click here
All our volunteers have experienced breast cancer personally or through loved ones. They are committed to providing support to every person in our community who is going through breast cancer treatment. We raise awareness in our community about breast cancer and the importance of early detection. We also fundraise throughout the year as we do not receive funds from allied research or breast cancer or national cancer organisations, or from governments. Find out more.